I've seen so many of my friends suffering to learn programming.
As Cybergenie already said, Learning programming isn't a big deal, but it needs passion, patience, and perseverance.
Did you ever think about learning programming without any effort?
Yes, it's possible. 😊
Here Cybergenie is sharing a technology using which you can code without coding - Blockly
Before going to experiencing Blockly, you must know what Blokcly is.
Simply, it is a visual code editor where there is no need for coding.
Blockly uses a simple logic of joining puzzle/Lego for completing a code portion.
In puzzles and legos, we join blocks of prebuilt puzzle or lego, similarly, Blockly has prebuilt blocks.
- Take one block
- Connect to another block
- And complete it
Since Blockly is opensource and free, anyone can copy, modify, and use it for any purpose, even commercial.
Hope you got a basic concept of Blockly, now it's time to experience Blockly.
Below you can see a sample Blockly code editor(From Blockly demos)
Let's do a small Block code.
- From left side of prebuilt blocks , click on Text
- A side bar will open with some blocks.
- Scroll down until finding the print block
- Hover over the print block to see what it will do
- Drag and drop the print block to the workspace
- Change the default 'ABC' to 'Hello Cybergenie' by clicking on those letters
- After finished click play button at the top right corner
- You can see a dialog which prints what we gave as input in print block
- On top, Next to the Blocks tab you can see different programming languages, select your favorite one, and analyze the respective code.
It's fun isn't it?
Now try Loops ,Lists, Logic etc
This demo is best compatible with the Desktop mode
In case if the above demo is not working - head over to here for a playground.
Blockly is not ending in this,
it's highly customizable, see some projects built with Blockly
- 100% client side. No server side dependencies.
- Compatible with all major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and IE.
- Highly customizable and extensible.
If you are interested in Blcokly and want to create projects, you can learn more here
Feel free to comment your thoughts below.